Friday, April 9, 2010

Beer and Ice Cream: Because everyone deserves a reward for surviving the work week

It was suggested after another hellacious work week that I participate in a "wine down." Let go the stresses of the week and prepare for the weekend ahead. Aside from just appreciating the play on words, I think the sentiment is a fantastic one.

So after work, a good friend and I went to have a drink, and in this case, rather than wine it was a "beer down."

This tasty treat was a marvelous locally brewed Hefeweizen and it did the trick perfectly.

To be able to unwind, discuss successes and failures, and have a celebratory airing of grievances over a cold one is the best possible way to end a week.

So today, I'm appreciative for a girl named Sue, making it to the weekend, and a nice cold Hefeweizen. (With two lemons of course!)

1 comment:

  1. I could definitely use a beer down! It's been a long week. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete